Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane...

I may have mentioned a time or two that I love to travel. I've shared my trip to Key West, and our amazing California Coast vacation with you all over the last few months. Well friends, I've got a big vacation coming up reeeaallly soon. I can't disclose when or where I'm going just yet, but I'll fill you in on this much: it's a multi- country trip, I get to see my hubs, and it's good...real good.




I'm super excited for this adventure, but I have to tell ya- I'm having difficulty keeping my cool. Care if a vent a little? For starters, I am taking off the last two weeks of the school year. Closing out the school year is a pain in the patoot and leaving my kiddos before summer arrives gets me a little worked up. Worse than leaving my kiddos, however, is leaving my beloved pups. It's almost too much for my heart to bear. Yes, I know dogs have no concept of time, and yes, they are in great hands, but I'm crazy. Plain and simple.

Lastly, preparation. Oh, the horror...

Would you agree that successfully packing the right about of clothes, toiletries, shoes, other trip necessities all while leaving room for souvenirs should qualify for some sort of prize? Oh right, this is all while keeping things under 50lbs. Clearly a man has set this weight. As of right now, my bag is confidently weighing in at 36lbs without shoes and toiletries. Can I get a 'heck yea' for small sundresses?

I'm doing my best to pull myself together and stay solely excited for this trip and to see my love, but my stress ball self is roaring it's crazy head! Breathe, Trish, just breathe...

Do any of you have any great vacation plans coming up? How about any great packing tips? Does this post give you the urge to sing John Denver?

                                                              All my bags are packed...I'm ready to go...

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you!! Traveling is so fun and exciting! are you packing the pups too? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I drove up/down the coast last year as well!  We started in LA, went up to San Fran and back down. It was AMAZING.  We're still gushing about it.  I hope you have a GREAT time! As a fellow, teacher, I know how stressful the end of the year can be!  Hope you are able to relax! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! I totally understand your anxiety though, I would be the same way. Hang in there, it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...