Thursday, July 15, 2010

Weird little fact

I had an extraordinary amount of things to get done today. Some important, others not, but I was determined to get it all done. A woman with a mission. With a pretty open schedule, finding the time to achieve everything wasn't an issue, however, remembering everything that needed to get done well...that posed for a problem.

Because my memory, admittedly, is less than stellar, I have a habit of making lists. I need them. Whether it's errands, laundry, groceries, chores, bucket, or packing, I make a list for it all. Give me a reason, I will give you a list. The truth is, when it comes down to it:

-I
- love 
 - making 
- lists 
(and I look for reasons to make them)

List making may reign amongst the top of my list (hehe) of favorite activities but, it's not the actual writing of the list that does it for me. What really does it for me is crossing things out. Call me crazy, but there are few things that give me as much satisfaction as running a line through my self-assigned task. Not much compares to that feeling of instant achievement. And yes, for the record, I am one of "those people" who adds easy tasks just for the sake of crossing it out. I'm a thrill seeker, what can I say?



2 comments:

  1. Like in Rent: “...I love margins and discipline; I make lists in my sleep. Baby, what’s my sin?”

    I too love to make lists. They’re the best, especially crossing things out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was reading this, I thought, "wait...am I reading my own blog?!" haha this is EXACTLY something I would write. I make list after list after list. And I LOVE to cross things off. (I too add simple easy tasks just to cross them off...or add something I did that wasn't on the list and then immediately cross it off lol...that's cheating isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...