Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Back to School

It's hard to believe that my 10 glorious weeks of "every day is Saturday" aka summer vacation, is over. Though I went back to work last week, it was hardly considered work as there were no kids around and much of the day is spent catching up with pals.

Today...work officially started. Day 1 of 180. 22 five-year-olds made their way through my door ready to start kindergarten. I've been teaching kindergarten for four years now, but every year I am astounded as to what babies kids are in the beginning of kindergarten. I am even more astounded that, in 9 short months, these children will (hopefully) be transformed into independent students. Now, all we have to do is get there.

To say the beginning of the school year is exhausting would be an understatement. There is so much training and behind the scenes 'stuff' (for lack of a better word) that goes into making a class what you want it to be. I just wish I could fast forward a few weeks to get my students into a routine!

With that, I know this is a very boring and rambling post, but I am truly exhausted.. Off to bed I go, only to wake up to day number two!

2 comments:

  1. Trish, I have to do volunteer work in a classroom for one of my education classes this semester and I so wish I could shadow you! Too bad we're on opposite coasts. Good luck getting your new class into a routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If you're ever in Norfolk, you are more than welcome anytime. I also am always available for tips :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...