Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Introducing...What's Cookin; Good Lookin'?

Yesterday I posted about our horrendous habit of eating out way too much. In my goal to save money and venture out of my repetitious menu, I've come up with, "What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?" Here, I will post what I'm cooking tonight. If you can post about a favorite recipe by Thursday, and link it to the handy dandy link at the bottom of this post, well...dinner will just get a lot more fun :) Every week, I will choose one recipe to cook, take some pics, and let you know how it is. For extra bonus points, comment on this post and let me know if you've tried one of the recipes and how it was.
                                                                         Sounds like fun, right? Let's try it!

Tonight I am cooking Taco Salad. I literally make this every week but it gets the hubs to eat salad, it's healthy, easy, and delicious. Here's the low down:

Trish's Taco Salad

Ingredients:
photo from myrecipes.com
Old El Paso taco seasoning (I use hot and spicy)
1lb ground chicken (or turkey)
1 tomato cut into wedges
2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
1/2 pepper cut into thing slices
1/4 red onion cut into slices
1/4 cup corn
salsa
sour cream
shredded cheese
baked tortilla chips
(note: all salad ingredients and condiments are optional)



                                    How to:
1. Cook chicken and taco seasoning as according to package
2. While meat cooks, assemble salad
3. After meet is ready, put on top of salad
4. Add sour cream, cheese, and salsa if desired
5. garnish with tortilla chips and enjoy!!!

So...what's for dinner at your house?

1 comment:

  1. Oops, I totally meant to leave a comment, not a link! Because I'm not a good cook. But this is such a cute idea I'd love to participate in the future. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...