Monday, September 13, 2010

Something's (not) cooking...

Happy Monday everyone! Once again, I'm participating in Mingle Monday over at  Life of Meg in the attempt to gain more followers. Check it out! My goal is 100. I don't know why, but it seems like a good number to me. So, follow me and my simple little life over here in Virginia.

Anywho, I've got a problem...hubs and I go out to eat WAY too much. We're talking like 2-3 times a week. At $30ish a pop, that's like...I don't know, $400-$500/month on meals...that I'm not cooking! Can I remind you I'm a teacher and hubs is in the Navy? We're not made of money to be spending like this!

The thing is, I'm a decent cook. In fact, I would almost venture to say that I'm a good cook. The problem? Laziness and repetition. After working eight ours a day with 23 five-year olds, the last thing I want to do is come home and spend 1-2 hours on my feet slaving over a hot open stove (soo dramatic). Also, I'm so tired of the same old recipes I make over and over again. Maybe if I had some new, amazing recipes I would be more excited to cook them during the week...

 Hold your horses!

I have an idea and, this time, I think it's a good one. I'm thinking that maybe I should start a post one day of the week, that each of my readers, and myself share a recipe. This will help with the redundancy that's going on in my kitchen and I'm sure a lot of others as well. Please, please, please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem?

What do you think? Should I jump on this idea and figure out a good way for us all to contribute each week. Maybe I can even cook 1-2 of the recipes and rate them!!! I think I'm on to something here....

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Following you from Mingle Monday. I have the same problem. My hubby and I had to get it in check because we were spending WAY too much on food.

    I cook a lot of fish. It's so easy to pop it in the broiler for 10-15 min with some brown rice and salad on the side. It's so worth it to spend the extra few dollars to get the ready to go bags of salad, 10 min boil-in-bag rice, etc. Good luck!

    http://www.nestingwithniall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy cooking and I really love blogging about cooking and baking. My hubs likes to eat out a lot more than I do, but we eat in most nights, and it is SO MUCH cheaper to cook it at home! Especially when I shop at the Farmers Market. I love the idea of doing new recipes and sharing them. I have a really easy recipe that I am planning on putting up sometime this week... whenever I get around to it. I'd love to participate in recipe sharing! I'm always looking for new ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping in from mingle monday!
    i have the same problem. my husband and I eat out waayyy too much! We are just so lazy some times, and we dont really have a routine. We are so busy! Then, we are so in the habit, it's hard to break!
    My problem is that I'm so picky, so I don't eat many things. It's quite a challenge to find things that I enjoy! I love to scout out other people's ideas to see if I can tweak it in any way to make it more my taste.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...