Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Three Little Birds...


Somewhere in the midst of our bathroom renovation, traveling to New Jersey and a big snowstorm, my keys have gone a missin'. We searched for weeks but, with each passing day, the hope of recovering my keys dwindled. It was time to take action. It was time to make a new set of keys.

Coming to terms with the fact that my keys are gone proves quite sad for me. You see, I have an attachment to an enormous diamond key ring that my mom gave to me when I got engaged. Tacky? Yes. Sentimental?  You betcha. Though the hubs and I have celebrated three wedding anniversaries, I’m still attached to that rock. But it’s not only the sentimental loss that I’m feeling. I also lost my jump drive that contains the contents of my career (it’s backed up in three other spots so that’s not a huge issue) and the extra clicker to my car; an $80+ value. 

I don’t have much experience when it comes to getting keys cut. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever had a key made. So when I went to Home Depot to get the key made, I was pleasantly surprised. Did you know that you can keys made in all different shapes and sizes? Keys come in more variety than just plain old silver and gold. I could not resist the temptation and made the $4.78 splurge on this:




How stinkin’ cute? The three little birds remind me of the Bob Marley classic and the bling pays homage to my long lost “diamond” key ring. I smile every time that I look down at my keys. It’s funny how something so silly can brighten my day and I can’t help but sing in my head “don’t worry, ‘bout a thing…cause everything little thing is gonna be alright…”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...