Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This bread is bananas...

I had some very ripe bananas on my hands...



You know what that means?

Banana Bread! A fall staple (at least in our house)


Add in some chocolate chips and my very secret ingredient...




Banana bread will never be the same.
(you can thank me later)


The best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread you will ever have

      Ingredients

  • 1 tbsp of white sugar and ground cinnamon, mixed
  • 4tbs butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1egg
  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 small container of greek vanilla yogurt (I use Chobani)
  • 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 full cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips

    Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease loaf pan.  Dust pan lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda, chocolate chips and flour.
  3. Bake about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  
  4. Refrigerate after baking for some more yumminess!

 I highly recommend this banana bread- it is amazing and tastes even better cold! Let me know if you make it and tell me what you think. Feel free to share the link on your page to spread the yummy fall cheer!

5 comments:

  1. Over from Mingle Monday, thanks for the great banana idea! Now I can make some too!
    Kate
    www.idreamloudly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I use sour cream and cream cheese in mine, I bet the yogurt is healthier though. Maybe I'll try that next time. Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I was just thinking of making some banana bread. Thanks for the recipe.
    Visiting from Meg's Mingle Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much yogurt, what size is small container? we have chobani but we buy it in the big container so I'm wondering how much to measure out?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...