Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DIY wine tags

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I love to entertain. Any time I have the opportunity to host people in our home, I jump for it. I especially enjoy Hostess parties; Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, Adult items- love them all! Tomorrow evening I am hosting a Stella & Dot party. If you haven't heard of Stella & Dot, you should definitey check it out. It's high quality, gorgeous jewelry- so fabulous. I attended a party about a month back and knew I had to host one. I couldn't get enough of the sparkly goodness. More on the party (and special surprise for you) tomorrow.

When I host an event, I usually go all out with the food. Everything is home made, and food is in abundance. Tomorrow night, I am taking a different route. I will keep it simple with wine, cheese, and fruit. Classy, girly, easy.

With 10+ plus girls in my home drinking wine, I decided that I needed to help my guests distinguish between their glasses. The answer? Wine tags!  Here's how I made them for less than $7:

I gathered my beads, wire, and needle nose pliers.


I love all of the colors and shapes of the beads...so many options.


I cut my wire and used my pliers to curve one end.


Next I added my beads and used the pliers to curve the other end.


I linked them together so they would stay around the wine stem. That's it! So easy.


I made lots because they were so fun!


And my final product...


They're ready and waiting. I'm so excited to show them off (and use them) tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...