Monday, December 06, 2010

What's Cookin' Good Lookin' Review: Meg's Peanut Butter Cookies

Hellooo there! Sorry I didn't review yesterday, I was at the movies. I saw 127 Hours in case you're wondering. Definitely not on the same theme as this post, so let's talk cooking.

Thank you to those of you that participated in our recipe exchange this week. To those of you that didn't, can't wait to see your contribution this week! Yes? Yes!!! Kthanks!

Though everything sounded amazing this week, I chose to bake Meg's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal, the promise of life changing cookies...need I say more? Truthfully, she had me at peanut butter, ya'll! (why is there no northern phrase for ya'll by the way?)

So, were Meg's cookies life changing? Let's find out:

What I absolutely loved about Meg's cookies first and foremost was that there were super duper simple to make. What's more is that I had all of the ingredients on hand. 

I followed Meg's recipe to a T and made a discovery. Once I got to the point in the recipe where everything was creamed, I found that I had made a delicious fruit dip.


You have no idea the restraint it took not to stick my face in the bowl but Meg's recipe was for cookies, not dip, so I had to continue. After adding the egg and remaining ingredients to the mix, I scooped them on to the baking sheet. Meg got 16 cookies from this batter. I got 13. I like things big, what can I say? After 12 minutes in the oven (bigger takes a little more heat), here's my final result:



My verdict: This recipe produced 13 chewy cookies that taste like peanut butter without being overwhelming. The cookies are delicious and are an absolute must for any peanut butter enthusiast. To sum it up, Meg, your cookies have rocked my world!

Thanks again for your contributions this week. Did anyone else try a recipe? Can't wait to see what you cook up this week. Be sure to tell you friends to come and join the party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...