Friday, December 03, 2010

A love letter

Dear Turtle Wax Oxy Interior1,

I don't really know how I can express the love and gratitude my heart holds for you today. We don't often interact, in fact, for the last 1 1/2 years you've been residing untouched in the hubs' shed. Sometimes, the hubs and I will look at you and remember why we bought you in the first place. Do you recall? It was when Macie was 10 weeks old, pooped in my brand new car, and walked it all over the back seat. Oh, the memories. You've moved with us from Florida to Virginia and have stayed in that dark shed through record snow storms, nor 'easters and unyielding summer heat. Many cleaners would have given up by now, but not you. You've been waiting around for when I would need you again, and today, Oxy (can I call you that?) was your day.

When I left work today and noticed a funny smell in my car, I had no idea what it could be. Soon, it was apparent. You know that stenciling project I've been slaving over? You know that quart of green paint I bought for it then decided I didn't need? Well, I think that paint had it out for me. It spilled half of its contents across my passenger seat. Oxy, I had a puddle of paint on the front seat of my car. I didn't know what to do. Worse off, how was I supposed to tell the hubs? He despises that I keep a messy car.

In my moment of sheer panic and crisis, I had no idea how I would clean the mess. I tested a few options. Paper towels just spread it around. A scrub brush and water just made it worse. I needed something stronger. Then you dawned on me, Oxy. You, brought light into my life when I all I had was green paint darkness. From the moment I sprayed your white foam on that paint,  I knew you were what I needed.

       
Through two hours and four rolls of paper towels, you stood by me as we soaked up that paint until the sun went down, literally. Together, we cleaned my car until no one could ever tell a trace of paint had fallen on that gray fabric. Oxy, I truly believe that if we can get through this, we can get through anything. Thank you for standing strong with me and still working though you've sat in that shed for so very long. Thank you for not poisoning me with toxic fumes, but most of all, Oxy, thank you for saving my marriage. Because had you not worked, I'm fairly certain Paul would have left me.

Farewell my love. I will miss you, but I hope we don't meet again soon.

Love always,

Trish



7 comments:

  1. Girl, you are a mess this week! Hope this weekend brings you getting better and no more spills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to invest in some oxy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered why your car door was open tonight when I got home!! Hang in there!! Always here with wine waiting to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, great post :) and what a way to end crappy week! I think I would have cried, and then done a lot of swearing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a mess! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me want to go out and invest in some of this just in case I ever need it. And I'm sure I will because I'm the CLUMSIEST person ever. ...probably could have used that this past weekend when we spilled RED paint on our light carpet =/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...