Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A puppy post

Hey Bloggy Friends, have I got some news to share with you. Hint...it involves a sledge hammer, power tools, and an utterly exhausted DIYer (that's me!). Stay tuned for it tomorrow! For now, I am posting about my pups. Trupanion is having a blog contest and I just had to enter! Check it out!

Trupanion Pet Insurance

When you're a military wife, like yours truly, you learn to adjust to having a "part time" husband. This may not be the kindest way to put it, but it's true. The hubs leaves frequently for many different lengths of time. When he leaves, it's up to me to maintain a home, take on his duties, work full-time, and take care of the pups. I don't complain too often about it because I took on the challenge with no reservations.

One complaint I have about having a part-time husband, is being alone during the holidays. This is the time of year when you want to be with your nearest and dearest. Missing your spouse can be lonely and take away from the festivities. I try my best to fill up my social calendar and make holiday plans with my amazing girlfriends, many with their own "part time" husbands, but each night, it's inevitable that I will return to an empty house to celebrate alone.

Well, this is not completely true, and it's the point of my post.

Paul missed Thanksgiving and Chanukah this year. I missed him a lot, but I was not alone. I was flanked on either side by my two furry best friends, Mattingly and Macie. I am always astounded at how they instinctively step up and provide me with love and companionship. Though my hubs was gone for the holidays, my two pups were there to provide me with their greatest gift; unconditional love.


 
 

I don't know what I'd do without these two. They are hyper, naughty, and lots of work, but they never fail to make me smile. It's amazing how these little (and not so little) guys worked their way into my heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...