Thursday, December 30, 2010

5 years ago today...

I have so much to tell you about our bathroom remodel but today marks something a little more important. Five years ago today, in a little restaurant in Hamiliton, New Jersey, Paul asked me to be his wife. I tearfully said, "yes," and the rest, as they say...is history.


Paul proposed to me during the entree course of a fancy five course meal. As the ring was presented by our waiter on a silver platter, my normally reserved hubs (boyfriend) asked the restaurant for their attention and dropped to one knee. In the shock and blur of the moment, I don't remember the words he said, but I know they brought me and many in the restaurant to tears. That evening goes down as one of the most exciting nights in my life because I knew, that day, it was official that I would spend my life with the person I love most. I am one lucky lady!

I would love to hear your engagement stories. I'm feeling extra sentimental tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Dave proposed to me on the beach in Manasquan, labor day weekend 2008. We had been talking about life together over the summer since we were getting our own place that August. We had gone out to a nice dinner at Mahogany Grill (no longer there...sad face!) and then we picked up some wine from his grandparents’ beach house, ditched the shoes and went and sat on a lifeguard stand that was overturned for the night. After some good conversation and refill or two on the wine he asked and all I could do was nod my head. He didn’t have a ring, but earlier that weekend his Mimi told him she had a stone for him and would send it to the jeweler to get set once he asked me.

    The rings (my wedding band is antique, too) were ready by the end of October and we went down to Hampton to visit my MIL for Dave’s birthday. Mimi sent the rings to her so Dave would have them when we got there. He had hinted that we would go out some place nice and that’s when he would give me the ring. Instead, we were there for only a few hours when he went upstairs while we were lounging in the living room reading books. He came back down and leaned over the back of the sofa, kissed me and said “I love you.” I said “I love you, too” and didn’t notice the ring in his hand. He then goes “No...I LOVE YOU!” and waves his hand around. I just went “Oh!!!”

    So, in our non-traditional fashion, Dave never got down on one knee and I never actually said “yes,” but I think we’ll live happily ever after anyway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...