Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gone 'til (next) November...

With our leftovers dwindling and our waistbands expanding...it's time to finish up my tribute to Thanksgiving. Fortunately for me, the feastin's not quite over just yet- I still have more celebrating to do at a friend's house on the actual big day. Can I get a heck yeah?

I wanted to share pictures of our big day with you all, but sadly, because I was busy, busy, busy playing hostess and chef this weekend, it didn't dawn on me to take any pics of the actual festivities. I could kick myself. However, I will leave you with a few things for which I am thankful:

1. My incredible hubs who is patient enough to deal with me on a daily basis. Not many people meet the love of their life at the age of 14. He's stuck by my side through wedding planning, proms, teenage angst, braces and acne. If that's not love, well, then I just don't know what is.


2. The incredible "family" I have made here in Virginia while I'm away from my real family (also another notch on the "for what I'm thankful" bedpost). Being a military wife kinda stinks sometimes, but having that built in support system of friends is key.


3. A job that I love. I truly enjoy going to work each day and spending eight hours with 25 kiddos that are begging to be loved, hugged, and nurtured. Sometimes I want to rip my hair out because of those little buggers, but I know that I am blessed.

4. Ann Taylor Loft petite section. If you don't know me in real life, here's a little tidbit: I'm short. We're talking, not quite five feet, Snooki short. Ann Taylor loft has an amazing petite section- thank goodness!
5. www.food.com. This is the most used item in my kitchen (via the computer) and my favorite website ever. I refer to it multiple times a week to find delicious recipes. I definitely recommend you check it out. Allow me to formally introduce you: Bloggers, meet food.com. Food.com, meet your new biggest fans.


6. Of course, no thankful list of mine would be complete without a little puppy lovin'. These two are the little lights of my life.



And because I am list crazy, I wanted to share my Thanksgiving recipes with you all. I hope they will be of some use to you. For what it's worth, all of the recipes have been prepared, taste tested and approved by yours truly.
Apple Baked Ham (crowd favorite)
Cranberry Sauce (I added 1/2 cup sugar to this)


I hope you all have an amazing and delicious holiday full of love with your nearest and dearest. I can hardly wait to hear all about it!

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog every time you post. Keep up the great work, I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, love this post! I constantly say that David and I are so lucky to have found each other at 13/14 years old. Some people search their whole lives for what we have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by and saying hello! your recipes sound so yummy and your pups are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...